Jackalope Denver: 10x10 Booth Acceptance Packet
Welcome to Jackalope!
Before we get into all of the fair details, if you have received this email and plan on participating in Jackalope this Summer, please submit the below form with your company name ASAP. This indicates that you will complete the 3 below registration steps before the deadline of Sunday, June 11th.
We are so excited to be back in Denver for our Summer 2017 fair on July 29th & 30th at the McNichols Building. The venue is located at 144 W. Colfax Ave, Denver CO. We'll be open both Saturday and Sunday, from 10:00am to 5:00pm, and we can't wait to see you there.
Please take a moment to review the below acceptance kit, all registration steps are due by Sunday, June 11th.
THIS AGREEMENT, dated May 22nd, 2017 is between Jackalope Arts, LLC (“Jackalope Arts”) and the signatory at the end of this agreement (“Artisan”)
1. Artisan will be participating in the Jackalope Denver Indie Artisan Fair on July 29th & 30th. This agreement must be signed by the participating Artisan and submitted to Jackalope Arts.
2. Terms: This agreement will be effective for the Event in which the Artisan participates. This agreement may be terminated by Jackalope Arts with or without cause immediately upon notice to Artisan.
3. Artisan and its employees, personnel, and agents agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement and all Event rules, regulations, and directives.
4. Safety: Artisan will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event, and will adhere to all laws, policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the goods and/or activities of Artisan.
5. Permits and Licensing: All vendors must have a temporary or permanent retailer's license for the City of DENVER and the state of Colorado by the time you vend with us. Colorado law states that you must have a retailer's license in order to make sales. You are considered a retailer if you are selling any tangible items to customers. You can learn more HERE
If you are a food vendor make sure you are familiar with the food requirements for selling in Denver, you can find more info HERE
6. If Artisan sells food and/or non alcoholic beverages at the Event, the following terms apply: Jackalope Arts reserves the right to review and approve Artisan’s proposed menu, and only the approved items will be allowed at the Event. Jackalope Arts will also need a copy of the Food Artisan's Certificate of Insurance.
7. Liability: Jackalope Arts will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Artisan's property, injury to, or death of the Artisan (or its agents, employees, and/or personnel), or Artisan sales. Artisan expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Artisan, and hereby releases and waives any claims against Jackalope Arts related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
8. Insurance: Artisan represents that it has, or will have at the time of the Event, appropriate insurance to cover liability for the types of activities Artisan will conduct at the Event, Artisan covenants to be fully responsible for any of its liabilities, actions, or omissions, and will indemnify, defend, and hold Jackalope Arts (and its officers, employees, agents, vendors, affiliates, and representatives) harmless against any claims related to Artisan’s liabilities, actions, or omissions.
9. Cancellations: The Event will proceed regardless of weather. If there is a cancellation: (a) by Jackalope Arts: If a cancellation of the Event by Jackalope Arts is necessary due to unforeseen circumstances, acts of a third party, or other circumstances which (in Jackalope Arts judgement) may compromise the safety of Event participants, then Jackalope Arts will do its best to reschedule the Event and there will be no refunds to the participant. (b) By Artisan. If Artisan cancels its participation after acceptance and booth payment has been received, no refund will be provided.
10. Artisan may not assign this Agreement to any third party, or delegate any of its obligations without the written consent of Jackalope Arts. Only the accepted Artisans are able to sell or distribute their items and/or conduct activities at the Event. The vendor list, map, and booth assignments are subject to change without notice. Jackalope Arts does not guarantee any level of attendance at the Event and there will be no refunds, under any circumstances, after the Event is over.
11. Change in Terms: The terms of this agreement may be changed by Jackalope Arts and notice of such changes will be sent to you in writing. You agree to accept notices via email, sent to the address on your Artisan application. Jackalope reserves the right to decline, prohibit, or expel any Artisan exhibit, or prevent any activity, displays, product or conduct, which (In Jackalope Arts sole judgement) is out of keeping with the character of the Event or endangers the venue, any attendee or other Artisans.
12. Artisan and its agents, employees, personnel, and or independent contractors who participate in the Event agree to be bound to the agreement. The terms of the agreement, including any waivers, defaults to the benefit of Jackalope Arts and its affiliates and Event co-producers and sponsors.
13. Independent Contractors: The relationship of Artisan to Jackalope Arts is that of an independent contractor, and nothing contained in this agreement will be construed as creating a partnership, joint venture, employment relationship, agency, or other relationship between the parties, or to make Jackalope Arts liable for the debts or obligations of Artisan.
14. The validity, interpretation, construction, and enforcement of the agreement will be governed and controlled by the laws of the State of Colorado, without regard to its rules with respect to choice of law. Any dispute arising out of or related to this agreement must be brought in federal or state court in Denver and the parties here by consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and the venue if such forum.
15. This agreement, and any rules and regulations provided to Artisan by Jackalope Arts will contain the entire Agreement and understanding between the parties hereto with respect to participation in the Event. If any terms is contrary to law then that term will be severed and the remainder of the agreement will remain in force.
16. If Jackalope Arts assigns Artisan a specific space (the “Booth”), then the following terms apply: The Booth is for Artisan’s use only (including its employees); any transfer, resale, or assignment of the Booth by Artisan is prohibited.
17. If a Fee is due from Artisan, then the following terms apply: The fee payable by Artisan to Jackalope Arts for participation in the Event is due at the time of acceptance, or as outlined in the invoice submitted to Artisan prior to the Event. Payment is due no later than June 11th, 2017.
18. Artisan agrees that his/her name, image, and images of work may be used for publicity of the Event. This includes online features, social media, and any other printable materials.
19. The aisles and passageways remain strictly under the control of Jackalope Arts and no signs, decorations, banners, advertising materials or special exhibits will be permitted in the aisles outside of Artisan's space. Any and all advertising distribution must be made from the Artisan's provided space.
20. Artisan will have his/her space set up and fully staffed for customers for the entire duration of the Event and may not dismantle or close display until the official closing time. Artisans must remain open during Event hours. If Artisan closes their display prior to event closing or without the express permission from the Jackalope Arts Staff, Artisan will not be allowed to return to a future Jackalope Arts Event.
By Clicking yes, I AGREE to the above term as outlined by Jackalope Arts, and this constitutes my valid signature.
Making Your Booth Payment
Please pay above by credit card. After adding to your cart, you will need to check out before your payment is complete, your cart will show in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
Or, If you'd prefer to send us a check, you can send to:
314 S Sunset Place
Monrovia CA 91016
Rental & Set up Requests
After your rental requests are received, we will personally reach out with a bill for selected items. Please pay for rentals upon receipt of your rental bill via email. NOTE: this is not an automatic process (you are not adding these rentals to your "cart") and the Jackalope staff will personally be emailing you an invoice in the coming weeks after receipt.
Please note: For INSIDE booth spaces, tents are not required, if you use one please have the canopy removed per fire code. For OUTSIDE booth spaces, a tent is required, and please have weights (it is on cement so stakes will NOT work!).
Please complete the below form with your requests for rental items:
We'll be hosting an Artisan Mixer, as a chance for you to meet your fellow vendors and the Jackalope team.
When: Sunday, June 11th from 1pm-4pm
Where: Diebolt Brewing: 3855 Mariposa St. Denver Co, 80211
With a presentation on Jackalope Fair Success Tips at 2:00pm including more information on load in/out!
New this time, join special guests The Denver Public Library and Amy Wright, a talented local photographer, who will share tips and tricks on photographing your wares using a light box. Bring some items you want to capture!
Taxes and Licensing
State of Colorado Tax Information:
City of Denver Tax Event Application:
Host a Workshop
Have an idea for a fun activity or class you want to bring to Jackalope this Summer?! We are currently seeking workshop hosts for this upcoming fair. It can either be free for attendees or you can charge a fee to cover supplies and your time.
Jackalope will promote workshops heavily leading up to the fair and include an online booking system.
Submit your idea HERE
Contribute to the Jackalope Boutique
At the fair, we often have many makers who create special "jackalope" themed items (aka items with Jackalopes on them!). We love highlighting these awesome creations and would like to feature them all together in our own "jackalope themed" booth at the front of the fair.
One of each jackalope themed item will be on display and labeled with the artist name, price, and booth number. If someone is interested in purchasing your item, we'll send them your way! We won't actually sell your products, this is just a fun way to give you some extra promotion and to spread some jackalope love.
Jackalope Boutique items can be submitted to us at the time of our vendor mixer or morning of the fair, or you can mail to us directly at Jackalope Arts, 6944 Owens St, Arvada CO 80004. Please include the item name, price, and photograph in an email to us, so we can make a label for it.
We're teaming up with the Westword to do an exciting giveaway leading up to the fair to help with promotions. The giveaway will feature a bundle of items from vendors participating in the fair and will be publicized in print, on the Westword website, and in their social media leading up to the fair.
Want to contribute to the giveaway? Please bring your giveaway item to our Artisan Mixer with your company name, name of donated item, and the retail price. Or - mail to us by Sunday, June 11th.
6944 Owens St,
Arvada CO 80004
*Please no live items included in your donation. We can't guarantee the Westword staff will properly water a plant, and we don't want our winner to collect a dead prize.
Grab Bag Contribution
Who doesn't LOVE grab bags?! We will be offering the first 25 people through the door at Jackalope BOTH Saturday and Sunday a Jackalope Tote filled with special finds! A great way to promote yourself and send people to your booth right away!
Please make sure that all grab bag items have a monetary value. Sorry but no business cards, it needs to be a special gift! Need some ideas? Just ask us!
Grab bag items are due by July 23rd either mailed to Jackalope Arts or hand delivered to the vendor mixer (June 11th). Please mail items to Jackalope Arts, 6944 Owens St, Arvada CO 80004 and include that it is for the grab bag. Must do a minimum of 10 bags.
How To Get Prepared For The Fair
Check out our Artisan Display and Branding Inspirations on Pinterest!
Join our Vendor Facebook Group! Meet some of the other artisans who will be participating in the fair, get support, answers to your questions, and join the community!
Check out some of our blog postings for more Vendor Tips!
Promoting the Fair
Keep up with Jackalope by following us on our BLOG, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, and PINTEREST accounts. Please use the hashtag #jackalopeartfair and #jackalopedenver for any Jackalope related posts.
If you are a Facebook user, please invite your fans, friends, and family to our OFFICIAL FACEBOOK EVENT.
Click below to download promotional images in various sizes.
Load In: More information coming soon
Press and Promotions: Keep updated on our press and promotional efforts at www.jackalopeartfair.com/press
Where to Stay: Traveling to the fair and need somewhere nearby to stay? Check out these option:
- Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel: 1550 Court Pl, Denver, CO 80202
- Hyatt Regency Denver at Downtown Convention Center: 650 15th St, Denver, CO 80202
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver at the Downtown Convention Center: 1420 Stout St, Denver, CO 80202
What to Eat:
- Coming Soon
Overnight: The venue will be locked and secure overnight meaning you can leave all of your items up!
Vendor Map: A venue map with vendor locations and booth numbers will be available soon. We will have copies of the map available for guests at our information booth upon entry to the fair.
Fair Activities: In addition to shopping, we'll be hosting a series of workshops throughout the weekend. Workshop details will be available at www.jackalopeartfair.com/denverworkshops
Do you have a workshop idea? Email us: email@example.com
Official Vendor Listing: Our vendor listing will be announced once all participants are confirmed into the fair. You can view the official vendor listing for the fair at: www.jackalopeartfair.com/denvervendors
Collecting Taxes/Permits: All vendors must have a temporary or permanent retailer's license for the City of DENVER and the state of Colorado by the time you vend with us. Colorado law states that you must have a retailer's license in order to make sales. You are considered a retailer if you are selling any tangible items to customers. You can find more information HERE
If you are a food vendor please make sure you are familiar with the food requirements for selling in Denver, you can find more information HERE
Have a question that isn't addressed here? Email us! Call us!