Jackalope Pasadena: FOOD Booth (On-site prep) Acceptance Packet
Welcome to Jackalope!
Before we get into all of the fair details, please take a moment to confirm whether you're still able to participate in our upcoming Jackalope Indie Artisan Fair. Please take note that the 5 below Registration Steps are due by Sunday, March 11th.
We are excited to be back in Pasadena for our Spring 2018 fair on April 28th & 29th at Central Park: 275 S. Raymond Ave, Pasadena CA 91105. We'll be open both Saturday and Sunday, from 10:00am to 5:00pm, and we can't wait to see you there.
Please take a moment to review the below acceptance kit, all registration steps are due by Sunday, March 11th.
Step 1: Artisan Contract
THIS AGREEMENT, dated February 26, 2018 is between Jackalope Arts, LLC (“Jackalope Arts”) and the signatory at the end of this agreement (“Artisan”).
1. Artisan will be participating in the Jackalope Pasadena: Indie Artisan Fair on April 28th & 29th, 2018. This agreement must be signed by the participating Artisan and submitted to Jackalope Arts.
2. Terms: This agreement will be effective for the Event in which the Artisan participates. This agreement may be terminated by Jackalope Arts with or without cause immediately upon notice to Artisan.
3. Artisan and its employees, personnel, and agents agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement and all Event rules, regulations, and directives.
4. Safety: Artisan will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event, and will adhere to all laws, policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the goods and/or activities of Artisan.
5. Permits and Licensing: Artisan should have a temporary or permanent seller's permit for the State of California by the time you vend with us. For assistance, please see: WWW.BOE.CA.GOV
Additionally, each vendor must hold a Special Event Permit from the City of Pasadena. This permit can be acquired directly through Jackalope Arts. Any Artisan with a City of Pasadena Business License is exempt from the Special Event Permit Fee.
6. If Artisan sells food and/or non alcoholic beverages at the Event, the following terms apply: Jackalope Arts reserves the right to review and approve Artisan’s proposed menu, and only the approved items will be allowed at the Event. Jackalope Arts will also need a copy of the Food Artisan's Certificate of Insurance, and the City of Pasadena Temporary Food Facility Permit application.
7. Liability: Jackalope Arts will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Artisan's property, injury to, or death of the Artisan (or its agents, employees, and/or personnel), or Artisan sales. Artisan expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Artisan, and hereby releases and waives any claims against Jackalope Arts related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
8. Insurance: Artisan represents that it has, or will have at the time of the Event, appropriate insurance to cover liability for the types of activities Artisan will conduct at the Event, Artisan covenants to be fully responsible for any of its liabilities, actions, or omissions, and will indemnify, defend, and hold Jackalope Arts (and its officers, employees, agents, vendors, affiliates, and representatives) harmless against any claims related to Artisan’s liabilities, actions, or omissions.
9. Cancellations: The Event will proceed regardless of weather. If there is a cancellation: (a) by Jackalope Arts: If a cancellation of the Event by Jackalope Arts is necessary due to unforeseen circumstances, acts of a third party, or other circumstances which (in Jackalope Arts judgement) may compromise the safety of Event participants, then Jackalope Arts will do its best to reschedule the Event and there will be no refunds to the participant. (b) By Artisan. If Artisan cancels within 3 weeks of the event, no refund will be processed. Any permit fees paid are non-refundable.
10. Artisan may not assign this Agreement to any third party, or delegate any of its obligations without the written consent of Jackalope Arts. Only the accepted Artisans are able to sell or distribute their items and/or conduct activities at the Event. The vendor list, map, and booth assignments are subject to change without notice. Jackalope Arts does not guarantee any level of attendance at the Event and there will be no refunds, under any circumstances, after the Event is over.
11. Change in Terms: The terms of this agreement may be changed by Jackalope Arts and notice of such changes will be sent to you in writing. You agree to accept notices via email, sent to the address on your Artisan application. Jackalope reserves the right to decline, prohibit, or expel any Artisan exhibit, or prevent any activity, displays, product or conduct, which (In Jackalope Arts sole judgement) is out of keeping with the character of the Event or endangers the venue, any attendee or other Artisans.
12. Artisan and its agents, employees, personnel, and or independent contractors who participate in the Event agree to be bound to the agreement. The terms of the agreement, including any waivers, defaults to the benefit of Jackalope Arts and its affiliates and Event co-producers and sponsors.
13. Independent Contractors: The relationship of Artisan to Jackalope Arts is that of an independent contractor, and nothing contained in this agreement will be construed as creating a partnership, joint venture, employment relationship, agency, or other relationship between the parties, or to make Jackalope Arts liable for the debts or obligations of Artisan.
14. The validity, interpretation, construction, and enforcement of the agreement will be governed and controlled by the laws of the State of California, without regard to its rules with respect to choice of law. Any dispute arising out of or related to this agreement must be brought in federal or state court in Los Angeles County and the parties here by consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and the venue if such forum.
15. This agreement, and any rules and regulations provided to Artisan by Jackalope Arts will contain the entire Agreement and understanding between the parties hereto with respect to participation in the Event. If any terms is contrary to law then that term will be severed and the remainder of the agreement will remain in force.
16. If Jackalope Arts assigns Artisan a specific space (the “Booth”), then the following terms apply: The Booth is for Artisan’s use only (including its employees); any transfer, resale, or assignment of the Booth by Artisan is prohibited.
17. If a Fee is due from Artisan, then the following terms apply: The fee payable by Artisan to Jackalope Arts for participation in the Event is due at the time of acceptance, or as outlined in the invoice submitted to Artisan prior to the Event. Payment is due no later than March 11, 2018.
18. Artisan agrees that his/her name, image, and images of work may be used for publicity of the Event. This includes online features, social media, and any other printable materials.
19. The aisles and passageways remain strictly under the control of Jackalope Arts and no signs, decorations, banners, advertising materials or special exhibits will be permitted in the aisles outside of Artisan's space. Any and all advertising distribution must be made from the Artisan's provided space.
20. Artisan will have his/her space set up and fully staffed for customers for the entire duration of the Event and may not dismantle or close display until the official closing time. Artisans must remain open during Event hours. If Artisan closes their display prior to event closing or without the express permission from the Jackalope Arts Staff, Artisan will not be allowed to return to a future Jackalope Arts Event.
By clicking "Submit My Contract!", I AGREE to the Artisan Contract Terms outlined above by Jackalope Arts, and this constitutes my valid signature.
Step 2: Making Your Booth Payment and City of Pasadena Special Event Permit
This $100 deposit is required for all food trucks/ food booths in order to participate. It will count towards the total 10% of sales due at the close of the fair. In addition, the City of Pasadena requires that each vendor hold a city specific event permit. If you already hold an annual Pasadena Business License you are exempt from the Special Event Permit Fee.
Please pay above by credit card. After adding to your cart, you will need to check out before your payment is complete, your cart will show in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
Or, If you'd prefer to send us a check, you can send to:
314 S Sunset Place
Monrovia CA 91016
Step 3: Temporary Food Facility Permitting (TFF)
Jackalope Arts will act as your liaison with the City of Pasadena Health Department for this event. We will turn in your Temporary Food Facility Permit Application, along with the required fee for you as indicated from your selection above. Please send us your complete Temporary Food Facility Application to email@example.com
Please be sure to attach all required paperwork along with your TFF Application.
Step 4: Insurance
The City of Pasadena requires a copy of your insurance on file for this event. Please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally Insured Information:
City of Pasadena
Its Council Members, Commissioners,
Employees & Agents
100 North Garfield
Pasadena CA 91109
Jackalope Arts, LLC
314 S Sunset Place
Monrovia CA 91106
Step 5: Rental Requests
After your rental requests are received, we will personally reach out with a bill for selected items. Please pay for rentals upon receipt of your rental bill via email. NOTE: this is NOT an automatic process (you are not adding these rentals to your "cart") and the Jackalope staff will personally be emailing you an invoice in the coming weeks after receipt.
Please complete the below form with your requests for rental items:
We'll be hosting an Artisan Mixer, as a chance for you to meet your fellow artisans and the Jackalope team along with a presentation on Jackalope Fair Success Tips. Appetizers will be provided by Trejos Cantina!
When: Sunday, March 11th from 2pm-4pm, with fair presentation at 3pm
Where: Blankspaces Pasadena - 680 E Colorado Blvd, Ste 180 Pasadena, entrance is off of El Molino- keep an eye out for our signage!
What to Bring: Pen and Paper for notes. We will also be collecting Jackalope Boutique Items, LA Weekly Items, and Grab Bag Items at this time- please read below for more details.
Promoting the Fair
Keep up with Jackalope by following us on our BLOG, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, and PINTERESTaccounts. Please use the hashtag #jackalopeartfair and #jackalopepasadena for any Jackalope related posts.
How To Get Prepared For The Fair
Check out our ARTISAN DISPLAY AND BRANDING INSPIRATIONS on Pinterest!
Load In: We will have an optional tent set up day on Friday, April 27th between the hours of 1pm and 5pm. We highly recommend that you set up your tent on Friday to make the weekend move more smoothly for yourself! If you can't come on Friday, you will receive an earlier load in time Saturday morning.
Staggered load in times for your products will be sent shortly for Saturday morning and will run from 6:00am to 8:00am. When loading in, please park along your assigned street (street assignments coming soon) and unload your vehicle as quickly as possible. Once your vehicle is emptied, please move out of the street parking along the park and allow space for other vendors to load in their materials.
We recommend parking in the "Schoolhouse" Parking Structure on Green Street. Head north on Fair Oaks, and make a right on Green Street, and Left into the structure, for parking. All day parking in the Schoolhouse lot is $6.00.
Press and Promotions: Keep updated on our press and promotional efforts at WWW.JACKALOPEARTFAIR.COM/PRESS
Where to Stay: Traveling to the fair and need somewhere nearby to stay? Check out these options (all under one mile from Central Park):
- PASADENA INN: 400 S Arroyo Pkwy, Pasadena CA 91105
- SHERATON PASADENA HOTEL: 303 Cordova St, Pasadena CA 91101
- HILTON PASADENA: 168 S Los Robles Ave, Pasadena CA 91101
- COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT OLD PASADENA: 180 N Fair Oaks Ave, Pasadena CA 91103
What to Eat:
- Coming Soon
Overnight: Security will be hired to monitor the park on both Friday and Saturday nights. We do recommend packing up your product between fair days, but you can certainly leave your display items such as tent, tables, set up for the entire weekend.
Vendor Map: A venue map with vendor locations and booth numbers will be available soon. We will have copies of the map available for guests at our information booth upon entry to the fair.
Fair Activities: In addition to shopping, Jackalope offers hands-on activities and workshops throughout the weekend. If you are interested to offer a workshop or activity at Jackalope Pasadena this Spring, CLICK HERE to sign up now!
Official Vendor Listing: Our vendor listing will be announced once all participants are confirmed into the fair. You can view the official vendor listing for the fair at WWW.JACKALOPEARTFAIR.COM/PASADENAVENDORS
Collecting Taxes: All vendors must have a temporary or permanent seller's permit for the State of California by the time you vend with us. You are also required to hold a City of Pasadena Special Event Permit. A Special Event Permit can be obtained directly through Jackalope Arts. The cost is $51 for the permit. If your business already has a City of Pasadena Business License, you are exempt from the permit fee.
More information on obtaining a CA State Seller's Permit available here:
Have a question that isn't addressed here? Email us! Call us!