Phoenix Jackalope Art & Craft Fair: Acceptance Packet
We are so excited to be back in Phoenix for our Spring fair on April 16th & 17th at Steele Indian School Park located at 300 E. Indian School Rd. Phoenix Arizona! The fair will be open both Saturday and Sunday, from 10:00am to 5:00pm, and we can't wait to see all of you there.
Please take a moment to review this acceptance kit. You must sign the artisan contracts, pay your $100 booth deposit, and fill out your rental request form in order to participate. Your rental requests, signed agreement, and booth deposit, is due by February 28th. 2016.
THIS AGREEMENT, dated February 15, 2016 is between Jackalope Arts, LLC (“Jackalope Arts”) and the signatory at the end of this agreement (“Artisan”)
1. Artisan will be participating in the Jackalope Art & Craft Fair on April 16th & 17th 2016. This agreement must be signed by the participating Artisan and submitted to Jackalope Arts.
2. Terms: This agreement will be effective for the Event in which the Artisan participates. This agreement may be terminated by Jackalope Arts with or without cause immediately upon notice to Artisan.
3. Artisan and its employees, personnel, and agents agree to be bound by the terms of this agreement and all Event rules, regulations, and directives.
4. Safety: Artisan will act with the highest regard for the safety of the attendees and other participants of the Event, and will adhere to all laws, policies, rules, and regulations applicable to the goods and/or activities of Artisan.
5. Permits and Licensing: Vendor will obtain all required permits and licenses, including but not limited to, a mobile food license, and will provide Jackalope Arts with a copy of insurance certificate.
6. If Artisan sells food and/or non alcoholic beverages at the Event, the following terms apply: Jackalope Arts reserves the right to review and approve Artisan’s proposed menu, and only the approved items will be allowed at the Event.
7. Liability: Jackalope Arts will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Artisan's property, injury to, or death of the Artisan (or its agents, employees, and/or personnel), or Artisan sales. Artisan expressly assumes all risks of loss, damage, liability, injury, or destruction resulting from any cause whatsoever, including but not limited to acts or omissions by Artisan, and hereby releases and waives any claims against Jackalope Arts related to such loss, damage, liability, injury, and/or destruction.
8. Insurance: Artisan represents that it has, or will have at the time of the Event, appropriate insurance to cover liability for the types of activities Artisan will conduct at the Event, Artisan covenants to be fully responsible for any of its liabilities, actions, or omissions, and will indemnify, defend, and hold Jackalope Arts (and its officers, employees, agents, vendors, affiliates, and representatives) harmless against any claims related to Artisan’s liabilities, actions, or omissions.
9. Cancellations: The Event will proceed regardless of weather. If there is a cancellation: (a) by Jackalope Arts: If a cancellation of the Event by Jackalope Arts is necessary due to unforeseen circumstances, acts of a third party, or other circumstances which (in Jackalope Arts judgement) may compromise the safety of Event participants, then Jackalope Arts will do its best to reschedule the Event and there will be no refunds to the participant. (b) By Artisan. If Artisan cancels its participation after acceptance and booth payment has been received, no refund will be provided.
10. Artisan may not assign this Agreement to any third party, or delegate any of its obligations without the written consent of Jackalope Arts. Only the accepted Artisans are able to sell or distribute their items and/or conduct activities at the Event. The vendor list, map, and booth assignments are subject to change without notice. Jackalope Arts does not guarantee any level of attendance at the Event and there will be no refunds, under any circumstances, after the Event is over.
11. Change in Terms: The terms of this agreement may be changed by Jackalope Arts and notice of such changes will be sent to you in writing. You agree to accept notices via email, sent to the address on your Artisan application. Jackalope reserves the right to decline, prohibit, or expel any Artisan exhibit, or prevent any activity, displays, product or conduct, which (In Jackalope Arts sole judgement) is out of keeping with the character of the Event or endangers the venue, any attendee or other Artisans.
12. Artisan and its agents, employees, personnel, and or independent contractors who participate in the Event agree to be bound to the agreement. The terms of the agreement, including any waivers, defaults to the benefit of Jackalope Arts and its affiliates and Event co-producers and sponsors.
13. Independent Contractors: The relationship of Artisan to Jackalope Arts is that of an independent contractor, and nothing contained in this agreement will be construed as creating a partnership, joint venture, employment relationship, agency, or other relationship between the parties, or to make Jackalope Arts liable for the debts or obligations of Artisan.
14. The validity, interpretation, construction, and enforcement of the agreement will be governed and controlled by the laws of the State of Arizona, without regard to its rules with respect to choice of law. Any dispute arising out of or related to this agreement must be brought in federal or state court in Maricopa County and the parties here by consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and the venue if such forum.
15. This agreement, and any rules and regulations provided to Artisan by Jackalope Arts will contain the entire Agreement and understanding between the parties hereto with respect to participation in the Event. If any terms is contrary to law then that term will be severed and the remainder of the agreement will remain in force.
16. If Jackalope Arts assigns Artisan a specific space (the “Booth”), then the following terms apply: The Booth is for Artisan’s use only (including its employees); any transfer, resale, or assignment of the Booth by Artisan is prohibited.
17. If a Fee is due from Artisan, then the following terms apply: The fee payable by Artisan to Jackalope Arts for participation in the Event is due at the time of acceptance, or as outlined in the invoice submitted to Artisan prior to the Event. Payment is due no later than February 28, 2016.
18. Artisan agrees that his/her name, image, and images of work may be used for publicity of the Event. This includes online features, social media, and any other printable materials.
19. The aisles and passageways remain strictly under the control of Jackalope Arts and no signs, decorations, banners, advertising materials or special exhibits will be permitted in the aisles outside of Artisan's space. Any and all advertising distribution must be made from the Artisan's provided space.
20. Artisan will have his/her space set up and fully staffed for customers for the entire duration of the Event and may not dismantle or close display until the official closing time. Artisans must remain open during Event hours. If Artisan closes their display prior to event closing or without the express permission from the Jackalope Arts Staff, Artisan will not be allowed to return to a future Jackalope Arts Event.
21. Vendor agrees to: Record and submit sales information to Jackalope Staff (reported sales are strictly confidential). Provide 10% of all sales to Jackalope Arts, LLC before leaving each evening.
By Clicking yes, I AGREE to the above term as outlined by Jackalope Arts, and this constitutes my valid signature.
Event Location: 300 E. Indian School Rd. Phoenix Arizona
By signing below I acknowledge that in exchange for a space at the Jackalope Art & Craft Fair, I will provide a $100 booth deposit and 10% of my sales from the overall weekend. I do acknowledge that my $100 booth deposit WILL count towards my overall 10% due. The remaining 10% will be due following the close of the Fair on Sunday, April 17th and can be paid via cash or check made payable to Jackalope Art & Craft Fair.
This $100 deposit is required for all food trucks/ food booths in order to participate. It will count towards the total 10% of sales due at the close of the fair. In addition, the City of Pasadena requires that each vendor hold a city specific event permit. If you already hold an annual Pasadena Business License you are exempt from the Special Event Permit Fee.
We'll be hosting an Artisan Mixer, as a chance for you to meet your fellow vendors and the Jackalope team.
Sunday, February 28th, 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Phoenix Ale Brewery
3002 E Washington St.
Phoenix, AZ 85034
With a presentation on Jackalope Fair Success Tips at 3:00pm. Including more information on load in/out and parking.
Join our Vendor Facebook Group! Meet some of the other artisans who will be participating in the fair, get support, answers to your questions, and join the community!
Promoting the Fair
Keep up with Jackalope by following us on our BLOG, FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, and PINTEREST accounts. Please use the hashtag #jackalopeartfair and #jackalopephoenix for any Jackalope related posts.
If you are a Facebook user, please invite your fans, friends, and family to our OFFICIAL FACEBOOK EVENT HERE.
Load In & Parking: Designated load-in times and instructions will be released closer to the event.
Press and Promotions: Keep updated on our press and promotional efforts at www.jackalopeartfair.com/press
Where to Stay: Traveling to the fair and need somewhere nearby to stay? Check out these options
A few ideas here
Vendor Map: A venue map with vendor locations and booth numbers will be available soon. We will have copies of the map available for guests at our information booth upon entry to the fair.
Fair Activities: In addition to shopping, we'll be hosting a series of workshops throughout the weekend. Workshop details will be available at www.jackalopeartfair.com/phoenixworkshops
Do you have a workshop idea? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Vendor Listing: Our vendor listing will be announced once all participants are confirmed into the fair. You can view the official vendor listing for the fair at http://www.jackalopeartfair.com/phoenixvendors/
Have a question that isn't addressed here? Email us! Call us!