Not only will you find Jackalope Art and Craft Fair to be your premier shopping destination this spring, but we will also be providing a way for the fair goer to transition from shopper to makers. At our Spring Pasadena Fair on April 25th and 26th, we will be offering fair goers the opportunity to participate in free collaborative workshops (some are even kid friendly)!
Presented by both sponsors and Fair vendors, this will allow patrons to take a dip into the DIY crafting world and get a better idea of the craftsmanship that goes into these one of a kind handmade goods and products.
These workshops will include:
- Kids Art Workshop: Presented by fellow Jackalope Sponsor SPACE Arts Center. SPACE is a nonprofit arts center hosting exhibitions and workshops for people of all ages and levels. Join them for an engaging project on the signs you see and the messages you wish to communicate. It's time to cut and paste!
- Kids Sewing Lesson: Jin Kim from Common Thread Studio in South Pasadena will teach the kiddos how to work the needle!
- Leanna Lin's Wonderland DIY Beaded Bracelets: Be creative and make your own colorful beaded stretchy bracelet with fair sponsor Leanna Lin's Wonderland! There will be a fun selection of candy-like beads from her shop in Eagle Rock. Perfect for the kiddos!
- Wire Wrapping 101: Create your own unique pair of earrings and learn the process of wire wrapping with The Glass Studio.
- Natural Dye Demonstration: Presented by Kristin Amber Morrison. Kristen, a natural dyer, designer and fiber artist, will be hosting an informative workshop on the natural dyeing process!
- DIY Skin Care Workshop: Owner of Handcrafted Honey Bee, Stacia Guzzo, will demonstrate just how quick, easy, and fun it is to make several different high-quality, personalized DIY skin care products. Take back your skin care by knowing exactly what is going on your body!
- Essential Oil Blending Workshop: Learn about the properties of essential oils, experiment with them and leave with your own sample blend created by you. Hosted by Frisky Fish.
- Terrarium Building: Presented by Makers Kit, will allow patrons to create their own terrarium! Makers Kit embodies the DIY idea and will be selling all sorts of fun kits for the DIY enthusiast at the fair.
- Kids Crafting Corner: SoCal Etsy Guild will also be hosting a Kids Crafting Corner each day all day-there is no excuse to miss out on this!
Some workshops have limited space so make sure to stop by the workshop zone, or the nearest information tent, the day(s) of the fair to sign up! You can see the schedule of activities online now!