1. How did you get your start in the handmade community?
I started ceramics when I was 8 years old in Chicago. Then after many years away from the craft... about 10 years ago I started teaching and creating functional art and have been in love with handmade since!
2. What do you feel makes your work unique and truly your own?
I make my work with my own two hands, so nothing is slip cast... my hands form every single piece, I infuse my energy, heart and soul into every piece and I believe the love and care is felt from this intimate process.
3. What or Who Inspires you?
Being present... clay calms my mind. So do subtleties and peace promoting colors and forms in nature.
4. What is your creative process like?
It's very organic. I'll get inspiration at times, but often I just create and it evolves. I don't sketch much.
5. What is the coolest artistic tip you have ever received?
Every day, no matter how busy you are with client deadlines... make something just for you. my commercial photography teacher said that, and it translates to every artistic medium I've done.
6. What can we expect to see from you at Jackalope?
Everything, it's my first time and I'm thrilled to join...
I'm excited to share many pieces from my new line I've just started to show that is hand built and extra organic, which is a sweet compliment to my cleaner wheelthrown designs.
7. Where can we learn more about you? My Etsy page has some lovely details ...