The Jackalope is and always has been a mysterious creature. One many have heard of, but few have ever seen alive.
Some of our favorite Jackalopian myths:
1. Jackalopes only mate when lightning flashes - hence their scarcity
2. The best way to catch a jackalope is to lure it with whiskey
3. Colorado home to the most common jackalope sightings. (Future home for a Jackalope Art Fair, perhaps?)
4. A jackalope hunting license can be obtained from the Douglas, Wyoming Chamber of Commerce
5. The German cousin to the jackalope is known as a Wolperdinger
More than anything, the jackalope is basically a bad-ass. A "warrior-rabbit" of sorts. The jackalope is both fast as the wind and ready for anything that may come his way. What could be a better mascot for our newly formed DIY art & craft fair than a jackalope? Thus, came the name, Jackalope Arts.
Keep your eyes peeled. You just might see a jackalope or two in Central Park, Old Town Pasadena come April...