Information for vendors and exhibitors on fair details in Denver
Denver Jackalope Vendor Information:
July 29th & 30th, 2017
McNichols Building, Denver CO
10am - 5pm | Free Admission
All summer applicants have been notified via email [firstname.lastname@example.org] of their status.
December 9th & 10th, 2017
McNichols Building, Denver CO
10am - 5pm | Free Admission
Early Bird Application Deadline : June 26th
Early Bird Notifications : July 10th - 14th
Final Round Application Deadline : September 15th
Final Selected Artists Notifications : September 25th - 29th
Winter Applications are open now through September 15th!
Jackalope Arts is a strictly handmade, high quality artisan event.
What types of vendors will be exhibiting in the fair?
We will be accepting varying forms of handmade and artisan created designs in this event, including: visual art, fashion design, accessory design, bath and body care, home decor, housewares, food and more.
No buy/sell, vintage, or resale items will be permitted. We are looking to feature original designs and handmade goods. Although we prefer them to be handmade, manufactured goods are permitted as long as they are your original concept.
How does your jury process work?
The appointed Jury will be seeking artisans who display a high skill set in their respective fields to help keep the content of the fair vibrant and interesting for attendees. The Jury is not always the founders or event producers of the fair, like in our case, so make sure you take the time to thoroughly fill out the application and include the best possible product and display photos.
Our jury will be reviewing applications and scoring them based on quality and aesthetic, uniqueness and originality, as well as branding and sellability. You can read more on our BLOG
And you can learn more about our Denver Jury Panel HERE
All vendors must have a temporary or permanent retailer's license for the state of Colorado and the city of Denver by the time you vend with us. Colorado law states that you must have a retailer's license in order to make sales. You are considered a retailer if you are selling any tangible items to customers.
State of Colorado Tax Information:
City of Denver Tax Event Application:
* If you are a food vendor make sure you are familiar with the food requirements for selling in Denver, you can find more info HERE
It is suggested that all participating vendors obtain general liability insurance prior to vending.
- Here is a great resource for some very affordable insurance: ACT Insurance
Set up Requirements:
- All participating vendors MUST remain set up for the entire duration of the fair.
- Our fair is INDOORS and secured overnight, feel free to leave booth displays overnight.
- Each vendor is given a blank slate to work with, no equipment or display materials will be provided.
- Electricity is provided at this location for an additional fee.
- Table and chair rentals are offered for an additional fee.
- No tent canopies are allowed inside due to fire code.
We will try our best to accommodate special requests for neighbors and location requests stated in your application
What is your expected attendance?
We expect to see 4,000+ attendees over the course of the weekend.
I'm traveling for the fair, where do you recommend I stay?
Jury / Application Fee:
We have a $15 non-refundable fee due upon application, to cover the costs for our staff and jury members to review all applicants.
Booth Fee: Due upon acceptance.
6'x6' Booth Space - $200
8'x8' Booth Space - $250
10'x10' Booth Space - $275
Please note that we do not take a percentage of vendor sales!
So, what do I get for the booth fee? What does Jackalope Do For Me?:
- Space at the upcoming Jackalope: an Indie Artisan Fair
- Regular communication from the Jackalope staff from the day you apply to the day of the event
- Help with licensing and permitting upon request
- Access to our Facebook vendor group for meeting other vendors and helping you prep for the fair
- Each participant is listed in our Facebook album for the fair
- Hotlinking Graphic on our website in our Vendor Listing
- Educational Mixer with tips and hints for having a successful fair
- Access to Printed postcards and posters that you can pick up at our artisan mixer
- Press releases are sent out to all major publications, announcing the fair and pertinent activities within
- Personal invitations are sent out to local galleries, shop owners, ect - to help you gain contacts for the future, and help them find some great new products for their stores
- Sponsor co-marketing. Our sponsors help spread the word to their circles, inviting even more shoppers out to the fair
Take a look at our PRESS PAGE for some of the press action we've had so far.
When will I know if I am accepted?
We will notify you via email the week of artist notifications if you have been accepted into the fair. Please make sure that email@example.com is in your safe sender list. If you are not selected, please keep in mind that we will have a wait list, and if a space becomes available you will be promptly notified.
Jackalope notifies all applicants, whether accepted or not, on the status on their application. If you have not received notification of your application, please check your "spam" and "promotional" folders. You can also check in with us directly via email.
Please review our APPLICATION PAGE for dates associated with your application notification.
How do I submit my booth payment?
Booth fees are not due until you are officially accepted into the fair. Details on payment processes will be sent upon acceptance.
- Secure credit card payment through our website
- In person payment at our Selected Artisan Mixer
After you've been selected, you will have approximately two weeks to return a signed copy of our Artisan Agreement, along with your Booth Payment to hold your space in the fair. If either of these is not received within that timeframe, your space will be forfeited
Your booth deposit will secure your space in the show, and is non-refundable. Fees will not be refunded due to poor weather conditions. Please be prepared for snow, rain, wind, or a perfectly gorgeous day.