Information for vendors and exhibitors on fair details in Denver
Jackalope Denver Vendor Information:
December 9th & 10th, 2017
McNichols Building, Denver CO
10am - 5pm | Free Admission
Early Bird Application Deadline : June 26th
Early Bird Notifications : July 10th - 14th
Final Round Application Deadline : September 15th
Final Selected Artists Notifications : September 25th - 29th
SAVE THE DATE for our Spring 2018 Fair, coming up on May 19th & 20th, 2018!
Why apply as an Early Bird?! Early Bird accepted artisans are given first choice at booth location within the fair. Apply anytime during our early bird application window to take advantage of this.
Selected Early Birds: your selections are reviewed as soon as your booth payment is made.
Jackalope Arts is a strictly handmade, high quality artisan event.
What types of vendors will be exhibiting?
We will be accepting handmade designs into the fair, including: visual art, fashion design, accessory design, bath and body care, home decor, housewares, food and more.
No vintage or resale items will be permitted.
We are looking to feature original designs and handmade goods made by the artisan who will be showcasing during the event. Manufactured goods are permitted as long as they are your original concept.
How does your jury process work?
Meet our Denver Jury Panel HERE.
Our jury reviews applications and scores them based on quality, aesthetic, originality, branding, and sell-ability. Read more on our BLOG.
- STATE Requirements: All vendors must have a temporary or permanent retailer's license for the state of Colorado by the time you vend with us. Colorado law states that you must have a retailer's license in order to make sales. You are considered a retailer if you are selling any tangible items to customers.
State of Colorado Tax Information:
- CITY Requirements: Denver requires a Special Event tax application for each participant.
City of Denver Tax Event Application:
- Food Vendor Requirements: If you are a food vendor make sure you are familiar with the food requirements for selling in Denver, you can find more info HERE
It is suggested that all participating vendors obtain general liability insurance prior to vending.
- Here is a great resource for some very affordable insurance: ACT Insurance
Set up Requirements:
- All participating vendors MUST remain set up for the entire duration of the fair.
- Our fair is INDOORS and secured overnight, feel free to leave booth displays overnight.
- Each vendor is given a blank slate to work with, no equipment or display materials will be provided.
- Electricity is provided at this location for an additional fee.
- Table and chair rentals are offered for an additional fee.
- No tent canopies are allowed inside due to fire code.
- Special requests for neighbors and location may be stated in your application. Early bird applicants are given preference on these requests.
What is your expected attendance?
We expect to see 4,000+ attendees over the course of the weekend.
I'm traveling for the fair, where do you recommend I stay?
Jury / Application Fee:
$15 non-refundable fee due upon application covers the costs for our staff and jury to review applicants.
Booth Fee: Due upon acceptance.
6'x6' Booth Space - $200
8'x8' Booth Space - $250
10'x10' Booth Space - $275
Please note that we do not take a percentage of vendor sales!
Take a look at our PRESS PAGE for some of the press action we've had so far.
When will I know if I am accepted?
You will be notified via email regarding your fair application. Please mark email@example.com in your safe sender list. Gmail users: check your "promotional folder" as well as your spam folder for filtered messages from us.
Waitlist Applications: These applications will be notified only if a spot opens up for you.
Please review our APPLICATION PAGE for dates associated with your application notification.
How do I submit my booth payment?
Booth fees are not due until you are officially accepted into the fair. You can make payment by credit card or check at that time.
After you've been selected, you will have approximately two weeks to return a signed copy of our Artisan Agreement, along with your Booth Payment to hold your space in the fair. If either of these is not received within that timeframe, your space will be forfeited.
Refunds will be considered until 3 weeks prior to the event. If you need to cancel you attendance within 3 weeks of the fair, no refunds will be made. Fees will not be refunded due to poor weather conditions.