We want take a moment and go more in depth to what exactly we are looking for at Jackalope Arts and how you can increase your chances on jury acceptance.
Your application is your resume for us to view, so it's best to really put some thought into it. Please note our jury often changes so go into this with the expectation that they have not seen your work before.
While the specific types of art and craft work that we are accepting is quite broad, there are definite quality features that our jury will keep in mind during review.
Some of the key factors to keep in mind:
We're looking for trendsetting, indie goods - not just your run of the mill craft fair feature. We want to see new and innovative ideas brought to the table that will captivate our patrons and provide a dynamic experience at the fair. Use the space provided in your application and really describe what makes your work unique.
- Photos that show off your booth display (if you have participated in fairs before). If our jurors can see an idea of your booth set up - it really helps give a concept of the professionalism that you put into your display.
- If you haven't participated in a fair before, it can be a good idea to create a mock set up. This can not only help us, but help give you an idea of how you might be able to display your work in an attractive way to fair-goers.
- Photos detailing your strongest work. Professional photos of your work and photos that are obviously well-crafted, show the jury that you put thought and time into your branding -- and will in turn be a great vendor for our fair. We want to see close-up images of your best signatures item(s). Our applications allow for 6 total images included - it's best to include as many as possible to really show the jury what you're all about.
- Web presence. In addition to your application and images submitted, we will likely be poking around on your provided weblinks. Make sure that the links you provide work, and that your website is current. We love to see if you have work for sale online - and how you have that set up. If you have a blog, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter - make sure they are updated so we can see current information and work when reviewing your application. We love to see artisans who are active on their social media channels.
Really emphasize your brand. Some artisans create items that aren't necessarily unique by trade - but everyone has a certain something that makes their work unique. Highlight that for the jury. We want to know what little sparkle you've added to really make your jewelry line -- your bath and body products -- stand out from the rest. Some categories are very competitive - so it's really important that you show the jury why to choose YOU. Think about your packaging, logo, product ingredients, presentation etc. these all reflect your brand.
- We can't stress this enough: double check your application before you send it in.
- Make sure your email address is correct!
- Double check your website links.
- A link to generic sites like Etsy.com won't help us find YOU. We need your unique URLs
What we are NOT looking for:
- Vintage resale items… or any resale items for that matter. We are a handmade only fair and want the maker behind the one of a kind goods there.
- This event is all about the community getting a chance to meet local creators, so it's important that you're not selling someone else's work in your booth.
- Artisans with no images of their work to be found. Our jury can't make a decision on your work if they can't see it. Please take the time to curate images that you want our jury to pay special attention to. While they will likely spend time viewing your website, they can't go hunting for your best work - you need to make it obvious.
- Commercial resellers and product consultants.
We are really looking forward to reviewing your application and giving our local community of artisans an opportunity to sell their wares at Jackalope Indie Artisan Fair.
We look forward to seeing your application soon!
Haven't gotten to it yet?
Have specific questions about your application? Email us: email@example.com
Not quite ready to apply yet but want to stay in the loop?! Sign up for our Newsletter!