1. How did you get your start in the handmade community?
I've been making art since I was 16, some 30 years now. I hold a BFA and an MFA in fine art and I keep a studio in West Hollywood. I don't think there has really ever been a time that I wasn't making something.
2. What do you feel makes your work unique and truly your own?
I have a love affair with bunnies, cocktails and ephemera. Each piece of art tells a personal story from bits of my life and experience.
3. What or Who Inspires you?
My husband inspires me. He is the smartest, most lovely human I have ever known.
4. What is your creative process like?
I make "paper" first, sourcing ephemera that comes from my past. Then I decide what rabbits fit the best.
5. What is the coolest artistic tip you have ever received?
The best tip I ever received was that it is the artists only job to produce and to leave the criticism to others.
6. What can we expect to see from you at Jackalope?
Lots of bunnies and cocktails in cool acrylic frames. Loads of handmade flowers. Color and joy.
7. Where can we learn more about you? barbie5x5.com