Information for vendors and exhibitors on Pasadena fair details.
Jackalope Pasadena Vendor Information:
November 18th & 19th, 2017
Central Park, Pasadena CA 91105
Hours: 10am - 4pm | Free Admission
Applications are open now through August 25th!
Early Bird Application Deadline : June 16th
Early Bird Notifications : June 26th - 30th
Final Round Application Deadline: August 25th
Final Selection Notifications : September 11th - 15th
Fair Dates : November 18th & 19th, 2017
Jackalope Arts is a strictly handmade, high quality artisan event.
What types of vendors will be exhibiting in the fair?
We will be accepting varying forms of handmade and artisan created designs in this event, including: visual art, fashion design, accessory design, bath and body care, home decor, housewares, food and more.
No buy/sell, vintage, or resale items will be permitted. We are looking to feature original designs and handmade goods. Although we prefer them to be handmade, manufactured goods are permitted as long as they are your original concept.
How does your jury process work?
The appointed Jury will be seeking artisans who display a high skill set in their respective fields to help keep the content of the fair vibrant and interesting for attendees. The Jury is not always the founders or event producers of the fair, like in our case, so make sure you take the time to thoroughly fill out the application and include the best possible product and display photos.
Our jury will be reviewing applications and scoring them based on quality and aesthetic, uniqueness and originality, as well as branding and sellability. You can read more on our BLOG
And you can learn more about our Pasadena Jury Panel HERE
- All vendors must have a temporary or permanent California seller’s permit by the time you vend with us. Take a look at the California Board of Equalization website for more information. The seller's permit should state the park's address as a location of business (275 S. Raymond Ave, Pasadena CA 91105)
- The City of Pasadena additionally requires that each vendor hold a temporary (Special Event Permit) or permanent Pasadena Business License. Jackalope Arts will facilitate Special Event Permit purchases for all accepted vendors. Permit cost is $51 for a one time event, or free for any vendor with a current City of Pasadena Business License.
- Vendors selling prepackaged food products will be subject to an additional fee from the Health Department, Jackalope will help facilitate the proper TFF paperwork.
- A temporary event health permit for packaged plus sampling ranges from $72 - $161.
It is suggested that all participating vendors obtain general liability insurance prior to vending.
- Here is a great resource for some very affordable insurance: ACT INSURANCE
Set up Requirements:
- All participating vendors MUST remain set up for the entire duration of the fair.
- Our fair is OUTSIDE within the grass at Central Park.
- There is absolutely NO DRIVING on the grass!
- Each vendor is required to use a 10'x10' pop up tent for their space.
- Vendors with half-booths will be sharing a 10'x10' tent with a booth-mate.
- Tent, Table and chair rentals are offered for an additional fee.
- We will try our best to accommodate special requests for neighbors and location requests stated in your applications
Security will be at the park overnight to watch over all booths. However, it is recommended that you pack up your work between show days, just to be safe.
What is your expected attendance?
We expect to see 5,000+ attendees over the course of the weekend.
I'm traveling for the fair, where do you recommend I stay?
Jury / Application Fee:
We have a $15 non-refundable fee due upon application, to cover the costs for our staff and jury members to review all applicants.
Pasadena Fair Booth Fees: Due upon acceptance.
Half Booth - 10' deep x 5' wide booth space: $175
Upon your application, you may state a preference on a booth-mate. If you and your prospective booth-mate are both accepted into the fair, we will place you together. Each prospective vendor must fill out and submit an application individually. If you do not have a booth-mate preference, Jackalope Arts will place you with a complimentary vendor to share your space.
Full Booth - 10'x10' booth space: $250
Double Booth - 10'x20' booth space: $500
*The City of Pasadena requires all vendors to obtain a Special Event Permit ($51). This cost is not included in the booth price. Jackalope Arts will facilitate Special Event Permit purchases for all accepted vendors. Please note, prepackaged food vendors will be subject to an additional fee from the Health Department ($72-$161), Jackalope Arts will help facilitate the proper TFF paperwork.
Please note that we do not take a percentage of vendor sales!
So, what do I get for the booth fee? What does Jackalope Do For Me?:
- Space at the upcoming Jackalope: an Indie Artisan Fair
- Regular communication from the Jackalope staff from the day you apply to the day of the event
- Help with City of Pasadena permitting
- Access to our Facebook vendor group for meeting other vendors and helping you prep for the fair
- Each participant is listed in our Facebook album for the fair.
- Hotlinking Graphic on our website in our Vendor Listing
- Educational Mixer with tips and hints for having a successful fair
- Access to Printed postcards and posters that you can pick up at our artisan mixer
- Press releases are sent out to all major publications, announcing the fair and pertinent activities within
- Personal invitations are sent out to local galleries, shop owners, ect - to help you gain contacts for the future, and help them find some great new products for their stores
- Sponsor co-marketing. Our sponsors help spread the word to their circles, inviting even more shoppers out to the fair
Take a look at our PRESS PAGE for some of the press action we've had so far.
When will I know if I am accepted?
We will notify you via email the week of artist notifications if you have been accepted into the fair. Please make sure that firstname.lastname@example.org is in your safe sender list. If you are not selected, please keep in mind that we will have a wait list, and if a space becomes available you will be promptly notified.
Jackalope notifies all applicants, whether accepted or not, on the status on their application. If you have not received notification of your application, please check your "spam" and "promotional" folders. You can also check in with us directly via email.
Please review our application page for dates associated with your application notification.
How do I submit my booth payment?
Booth fees are not due until you are officially accepted into the fair. Details on payment processes will be sent upon acceptance.
- Secure credit card payment through our website
- In person payment at our Selected Artisan Mixer
After you've been selected, you will have approximately two weeks to return a signed copy of our Artisan Agreement, along with your Booth Payment to hold your space in the fair. If either of these is not received within that timeframe, your space will be forfeited
Your booth deposit will secure your space in the show, and is non-refundable. Fees will not be refunded due to poor weather conditions. Please be prepared for snow, rain, wind, or a perfectly gorgeous day.